Articles & Videos
National Key Account Sales Rep - Mount Vernon, WA
14113 River Bend Road
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Contact Phone Number
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Skagit Horticulture is well known for superior product service and support.
This role is the critical sales link to grow our Nation Key Account markets. The ideal candidate brings established relationships and experience working with National Key Accounts that will quickly produce sales and results.
This role will manage all aspects of account relationships and sales with key account customers; developing quality program planning and product presentations. Strong sales, communication and people skills are a must. Retail category management, program forecasting, planning, analysis, sales and budget forecasting as well as strong analytical skills are key traits needed. A seasoned sales person with skills to professionally build programs, construct presentations, discover opportunity and capture business with National Mass Merchants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Have intimate knowledge and experience working with National Key Accounts
• Work with National Sales Manager to develop strategies, priorities and sales targets
• Foster and build quality professional relationships with Key Account Buyers and Managers
• Attend and present company and programs at National Key Account Program summits
• Develop value propositions that benefit target customers and grows our quality reputation
• Open door to sales opportunities with program development and presentation skills
• Ability to see a need and build programs that help our customer succeed over the competition
• Have a strong analytical mindset with attention to detail
• Experience with program building, product forecasting, budgeting and program management
• Work with Planning and Sales Manager to build and manage Key Account forecast
• Monitor crop progress as to ready dates and quality
• Work with the inventory department to communicate demand levels and standards
• Manage product allocation of available inventory
• Communicate variance, special events and problems to Production and Sales Manger
• Gain Industry intelligence visiting competition and surveying product mix and pricing
• Handle all aspects of key account customer inquiries and calls
• Represent company at industry events, tradeshows, breeder events and field trials
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Ability to work independently, manage and prioritize multiple projects, be a team player
• Skilled in navigating tense situations providing solutions that benefit company and customer
• Be able to adapt to an ever changing market/industry
• Strong understanding of the grower side of the horticultural industry
• Strong knowledge of perennials, plant uses and hardiness zones
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office – Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
• Skilled in working with ERP and CRM programs
• Excellent people, verbal, math, and writing skills
• Creative thinker and problem solving skills
Credentials and Experience:
• 5 Years + Horticultural industry experience working with National Key Accounts
• College Degree in Horticulture
• Seasoned industry veteran with strong industry relationships
• Ability to work in the office and in the field
• Willingness to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested
• Position may be field based from anywhere in the United States.
• Benefits include: Medical, Dental and, Vision insurance, PTO, Holiday pay and 401K plan
• Salary and commission compensation program D.O.E.
Skagit Horticulture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Skagit Horticulture complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Skagit Horticulture expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Skagit Horticulture’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination.
14113 River Bend Road
Mount Vernon WA 98273
Contact Phone Number
Copyright © 2017
All Rights Reserved.