Articles & Videos
Sales Account Manager - Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Contact Phone Number
Business Development Jobs
Horticulture Science Jobs
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
We are looking for a new team member to work in our Sales and Marketing Department. The Account Managers objectives are to create demand, promote and sell mycorrhizal (MycoApply) products (priority) and additional corporate bio-rational products within the Ornamental Horticulture Industry. Provide technical services, and advise on the use, properties, and modifications of products. Service a variety of customer accounts, diagnosing and solving customer needs. Share vital input based on his/her interactions with clients and industry back to manager, sales team, other relevant departments and/or other SCC Affiliates.
• Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential customers; soliciting new accounts; Identify decision makers, building rapport; providing technical information and explanations.
• Manage, service and expand sales at distributor customers. Includes travel to distributor and grower locations
• Emphasize product/service features and benefits and overcome customer concerns. Providing price quotes and credit terms where appropriate.
• Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position
• Maintains and develops accounts by assessing customer's purchasing history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features and by troubleshooting any problems for them
• Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations and where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
• Administrative responsibilities to include but not limited to: sales call planning reports, maintaining customer profiles and call records, and tracking of sales, complaint inquiries, budget and returns/inventory.
• Effectively works with cross functional teams including transportation, finance, and production to ensure optimal service to customers; exploring and recommending opportunities to improve policies and procedures to better meet department/company objectives.
• Stay personally relevant and be able to contribute valuable information to your manager, sales and marketing team by assessing competitors, analyzing trends and other such activities to help identifying sales opportunities or threats.
• Achieve and exceed goals by closing new business transactions
Degree of Scope:
JOB LEVEL - Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of challenges.
JOB COMPLEXITY - Works on challenges of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has internal and external contacts.
SUPERVISION - Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- A self-starter who is well-organized and demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Works collaboratively to foster a team-based environment to drive achievement of company and department objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Problem solving experience and skills.
- Skilled proofreader with stellar attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to summarize data and trends clearly.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control and account development.
- Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines.
- Resolves customer concerns, recommends modifications to products/services.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in ornamental horticulture sales, with a demonstrated knowledge and a good understanding of plant physiology, crop production, crop protection and soil health. Distributor management experiences a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Soil Biology, Mycology, Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Horticulture.
Flexible - New Team Member will be located within the Sales Territory. Sales Territory includes the East Coast and Ohio Valley.
- Estimate 40%. Actual travel will vary based on location of New Team Member. Travel will include both overnight travel as well as day travel throughout the territory.
710 NW E St
Grants Pass OR 97526
Contact Phone Number
Copyright © 2017
All Rights Reserved.