Homestead Gardens, the largest enclosed garden center in the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and one of the country’s leading garden centers, has an immediate job opportunity for a full-time Annuals/Greenhouse Department in the Davidsonville, MD location.
This position is responsible for running and supervising the daily operations of the Annuals/Perennials/Greenhouse Department and its staff, including preparation of work schedules, mentoring and opening and closing the store as required.
This role works closely with the Annuals/Greenhouse Buyer, as well as manages and monitors overall quality control and product maintenance, creating outstanding color displays to promote annuals, tropicals, indoor plants and foliage on a seasonal basis.
- Ability to supervise and monitor overall product quality control and product maintenance
- Annuals/Houseplant plant care knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment as a leader and a member of the team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings during busy periods
- Experience in budgetary management, developing and meeting annual sales goals
- Highly organized with good analytical skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to think creatively and operate with some flexibility
- Good computer/technology skills, with a willingness to grow
- Great customer service skills and communication skills