Manage and execute tasks of overall growing and maintenance of plants to ensure proper plant growth and health, as directed by the Grower.
Who is Costa Farms? We’re one of the world’s largest horticultural growers—but without an ego to match our acreage. Our headquarters are in Miami, Florida, where we were founded in 1961. Costa Farms started on just 30 acres, and over the last 60 years, we’ve grown to more than 5,000 acres around the world. We have farms in North and South Carolina, Central and South Florida, and the Dominican Republic, plus an office in China. Costa Farms now employs nearly 6,000. Costa Farms now employs nearly 6000 engineers, marketers, accountants/analysts, human resources professionals, and of course, growers and plant scientists!
Here at Costa Farms, we live by the values of H3: being Humble, staying Hungry, and always Hustling. The team rallies to the mission of being a lean, green, growing machine dedicated to enriching the world by bringing plants into everyone’s life.
True to that mission, we grow more than 1,500 plant varieties. Driven by the spirit of innovation, the team is always testing new plants and developing new solutions to make it easier for retailers and plant parents to enjoy plants. We’re also continuously testing different ways of growing our plants to increase quality and improve their ecological footprint as one aspect of our many sustainability efforts.
We cultivate plants, as well as a winning culture. Join the team, and you’ll find opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll collaborate with other driven, determined people who together keep Costa Farms an industry leader. You’ll support and be supported by a team that cares about each other, our customers, our consumers, and our community.
You’ll also find right away that Costa Farms is committed to providing a diverse environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, military status, marital status or veteran status, or any other group status protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Responsible for production of foliage and blooming tropical crops, on time and within specifications
- Understand irrigation, spraying, and fertilizing protocols and provide direction and supervise team members executing these tasks accordingly
- Evaluates crop protection needs and participate in pest management programs
- Utilizes report functions in ERP (SamII) to monitor inventory, growing protocols, and space requirements
- Participates and understands the development of production protocols
- Works closely with Growers and Supervisors to maintain task quality and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field
- Familiarity with proper moisture management techniques.
- Familiarity with proper nutrient management and testing procedures.
- Ability to identify common crop insect and disease problems
- Ability to observe crop stress sign
- Work independently and as a part of the team
- Accurately gather and record data
- Work outdoors (year-round), in greenhouse and field environments
- Learn and use a variety of computer software (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Possess familiarity with moisture and nutrient management procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests
- Work in a fast pace and diverse environment
- Ability to lift 50lbs
1. English & Spanish (Bilingual)
- Indoor – 30% of the time. This can change depending on the projects and time of the year
- Outdoor – 70%. This can change depending on the projects and time of the year.
- High Temperatures – Ability to work in temperatures of up and over 100 degrees
- Hours may vary and weekend flexibility is a must
After applying, follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date on what’s happening around Costa Farms and to start becoming part of our family. Come Grow with Us™!
Costa Farms offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Health Savings Account
- Care on Demand Telemedicine
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (Aflac)
- Virtual workplace for certain roles
- Growth Opportunities
- Challenging and exciting work environment
- Costa Farms Scholarship
- Employee discounts on plants
Costa Farms also has:
- On-site gym with showers
- On-site cafeteria and dry cleaning
- Love Where You Work activities throughout the year