At Fossil Creek Tree Farm, a family-owned tree farm and nursery, we strive to provide inspiration and an understanding of plants to every homeowner and plant seeker who steps into our store. Located on 8.5 acres with Fossil Creek running along the back of our property, we are known for our stock of over 3,000 trees.
Having recently won the honors of being one of the 2020 Best Companies to Work For in Fort Worth, we know that being a great place to work starts with having a great team.
Join us! We’re looking to add a new Assistant Manager/Visual Merchandiser to our growing team.
The Assistant Manager/Visual Merchandiser is responsible for day-to-day team management and store operations. The ideal candidate has a strong background in both people management and visual merchandising. This position is for you if you have a passion for the horticulture industry, enjoy working directly with customers, are ready to lead a team in a fast growing environment, and are always looking to wow people with your creative merchandising designs.
· Runs the day-to-day operations and people management of the garden center and labor team
· Assists in recruiting and training of the garden center and labor team
· Fosters a work environment focused on teamwork
· Leads team training designed for growth and process improvement
· Maintains the team schedule to ensure full shifts
· Assists in developing and implementing strategies to drive sales and key performance indicators
· Designs, implements, and maintains visual merchandising displays that creatively show products and drive sales
· Demonstrates a knowledge for horticulture through conversations and well-planned visual merchandising displays
· Welcomes and interacts with customers daily
· Helps serve customers and sell products
· Oversees the check-in of shipments and the organization and tagging of products upon their arrival
· Oversees the store’s cleanliness, organization, and display of products
· Assists the store’s manager as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Management Experience (Required)
· Merchandising Experience (Required)
· Horticulture Experience (Preferred)
· Full-Time position
· 45 to 47 hours of work per week
· Five-day a week schedule (Saturday shift required)
· Ability to lift 50lbs
· Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
· Ability to walk or maneuver around store and nursery for 6+ hours per shift
· Paid Time Off
· Closed on Sundays
· Paid Vacation from Christmas and New Years
· Industry Personal Development Opportunities
· Allowance for Non-Work-Related Personal Development