Mahoney’s is a family-owned and operated independent garden center with 7 retail locations in the Greater Boston Area and Cape Cod. For over 60 years, we have taken pride in offering the highest selection of quality plants, yard products, and gardening accessories – with outstanding customer service to match!
We employ customer-driven people that are dedicated to creating a refreshing and helpful shopping experience. For our employees, we offer a fun, fast-paced, and challenging workplace with the opportunity for growth. We are committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages trust, hard work, efficiency, self-motivation, initiative, continuous improvement, and teamwork. We provide an opportunity for personal and professional growth and a great employee discount, as well!
· Consistently performs, leads by example, and coaches staff to exemplify customer engagement behaviors that drive results. Set high expectations for excellent customer service and hold the store team accountable to the measurable results associated.
· Under direction of Department Manager, ensure execution of standard operating procedures including day-to-day operations, associate engagement, administrative tasks, inventory management. Understand and administer HR and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance consistently between departments.
· Responsible to drive store sales and profit plans to budget through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service, and outstanding execution of all field operations strategies consistently across all departments.
· Approach all efficiency and quality metrics with an analytical, data-driven mindset. Know and support the business by effectively using sales reports, assessing departmental results, and help to develop specific actions directly related to business development and growth consistently across all departments.
· Responsible to ensure that all associates are current with product knowledge, product use, and related customer experience and safety trainings within prescribed timelines and standards.
· Responsible to consistently and effectively communicate the company objectives to all department team members through organized channels of verbal and written communication. Assist with establishing a process to ensure that team members have followed direction on a consistent and timely basis.
· Monitor and provide feedback and in-the-moment coaching on team and individual performance. Accountable to ensure that trends of underperformance are formally addressed with the Department Manager, with clear and documented improvement plans.
· Provide feedback on continuous improvement methods for site and network growth.
· Partner with support teams and Department Manager to incorporate customer and employee feedback into marketing plan and product roadmap.