The Beautification Coordinator is responsible for training, outreach and field support to the Sullivan Renaissance Beautification Program and Catskill Edible Garden Project.
The Beautification Coordinator supervises the seasonal horticulture crew.
The job duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Beautification & Catskill Edible Garden Project (CEGP)
· Identify and recruit potential projects
· Participate in grant review process
· Monitor projects through site visits, document with field notes and photographs
- Supervise seasonal horticulture crew
- Coordinate work-plan and schedule for seasonal horticulture crew
- Oversee truck, tool maintenance, and inventory
- Maintain payroll for the seasonal horticulture crew
- Work alongside seasonal horticulture crew, interns, community volunteers and school garden coordinators
· Provide field support for beautification, CEGP and Special Projects (including Clean Sweep)
· Work with volunteers to ensure sustainability of projects through appropriate installation and maintenance practices.
· Work with Beautification Program Manager to develop and present seminars
· Provide training to the seasonal horticulture crew and interns
· Remain abreast of industry trends, techniques and equipment and share that knowledge with the organization and community
· Represent Sullivan Renaissance in the community through partnerships and committees as identified
· Participate in staff/program meetings
Competencies and Qualification
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed to fulfill this position in the office and field.
· Horticulture knowledge including plant material, soil structure, plant growth, pathogens and pests (2-3 years of job/field experience).
· Experience with landscape maintenance and the operation of power tools and landscape equipment.
· Willingness to work in varied weather conditions.
· Supervisory experience.
· Teaching skills, particularly experiential education, are a plus
· Good communication skills, motivated, and able to work with diverse communities and individuals.
· Ability to work independently or part of a team.
· Flexibility to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
· Able to lift 40 pounds.
· Able to distinguish colors.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Drivers license
The physical requirements include bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling, squatting, walking (on flat, inclined and naturally obstructed/rough surfaces) and repetitive arm and hand movements.