Carlin Sales Corporation
BRANCH MANAGER, supporting the greenhouse industry
- You want to use your knowledge and skills in the garden center/greenhouse/horticulture industry and find a career position that supports the horticulture industry.
- You highly desire Work Life Balance. You’d like to stop working long exhausting hours during the busy season.
- You have natural sales ability and strong phone skills. You enjoy being on the phone in a sales position.
- You are knowledgeable in greenhouse and horticulture supplies, knowing the difference between mixes, the uses and benefits of different chemical fertilizers, herbicides, etc.
- You love the horticulture field.
- You have strong computer skills and enjoy using them.
If you are looking for a unique Branch Manager position that services the grower, garden center/greenhouse industry, then continue reading to learn more about Carlin Sales Corporation and this position.
Carlin Sales Corporation is a family business headquartered in Milwaukee. The family has been in the horticultural industry since the early 1900's. Carlin Sales is the complete WHOLESALE supplier for greenhouse and nursery businesses, providing superior customer service and offering the best products available.
Carlin Sales Corporation is currently seeking a Branch Manager, who enjoys supporting the greenhouse industry, to join our team at our Joliet, IL location at 3454 Mound Road.
What We Offer our Branch Manager, supporting the greenhouse industry
- 1st Shift Position: Hours of operation are from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday with a busy season Saturday rotation schedule.
- Work Life Balance! We don’t work long hours during the busy season.
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance.
- Paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and 401k.
- Opportunities to grow and advance within the company.
- Incentive Plan.
Essential Responsibilities for the Branch Manager, supporting the greenhouse industry
- Outgoing calls via our route calling process to existing customers. You will have a book of existing customers who will need weekly or bi-weekly calls to determine their needs.
- Outgoing calls to a book of passive customers that you will have the opportunity to develop a new working relationship with. You will assist them in learning about our products and how our products align with their needs.
- Fielding incoming calls from your assigned sales territory as well as other sales territories and providing the highest level of customer service and promotion of Carlin Sales products.
- Making outgoing calls to leads and introduce Carlin Sales to a new generation of customers that have not used our products yet.
- Outgoing calls to contacts as assigned to promote company events or special promotions.
- Take sales orders from customers and process them, including any special instructions regarding delivery or pricing in a timely manner.
- Product Knowledge:
- Maintain an appropriate level of knowledge about CHS / PGP products, customers, pricing, services, and sales policies to effectively represent the company.
- Obtain and understand customer requirements and specifications for quoting/pricing of needs (pots, greenhouses, equipment, landscape supplies etc.) and forward the information to your outside sales representative for preparation of the quote.
- Coordinate the unloading, restocking, loading customers from incoming orders and organizing of incoming shipments several times a week.
- Verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipping documents for discrepancies so purchasing / sales documents can be adjusted.
- Loading of delivery trucks and responsible for all paperwork.
- Pulling and loading of customer pickup orders.
- Will manage the warehouse space, responsible for cleanliness and organization.
- Supervise staff in meeting sales goals and customer service expectations.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Maintaining a positive safe work environment.
Education and Critical Skills/Experience- Branch Manager, supporting the greenhouse industry
- Education: High School Diploma, with a College Diploma preferred
- Experience: Sales or Customer Service experience required. Preference for sales experience and horticultural background or greenhouse industry.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Special Skills: Selling Skills, customer relations, communication skills, organizational and self-motivation skills, math skills and computer competence.
- Forklift operation.
- You will occasionally lift up to 50 pounds depending on orders.
Carlin Sales Corporation is dedicated to the safety of their employees. We are monitoring and taking recommended guidelines from the World Health Organization-WHO and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-CDC.