People come to Capitol Broadcasting and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business.
Manager needed to organize and direct horticultural and property management functions/activities for Capitol Broadcasting Company/WRAL Gardens.
· Establish and maintain high horticultural standards and practices; providing direction, training and motivation for the horticultural staff.
· Is a hands-on leader, actively working in the daily horticultural tasks of gardens and associated property grounds to include maintenance of parking lots and building exterior.
· Manage and support overall plant health and soil nutrition strategies for gardens to include sustainable gardening practices and integrated pest management.
· Responsible for the operational department budget, budget monitoring, strategic planning and any horticultural capital projects as needed.
· Directly supervise 2-3 Property Management employees to include training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, and rewarding and disciplining employees.
· Effectively negotiate vendor contracts and manage contractors in maintenance of CBC properties.
· Provide horticultural consulting for all CBC properties.
· Create landscape design and future planning for WRAL gardens.
· Create and direct long-range garden and landscape plans to include soil preparation, planting, cultivating, propagation, fertilization, spraying, turf management, pruning, transplanting, irrigation management and pest control.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.