Clesen Wholesale is a premier grower and distributor of seasonal annual flowers and plants selling to independent garden centers, professional landscapers and mass markets in the Upper Midwest. We are the largest single source of winter décor for outdoor holiday containers, decorating and landscape beds serving the entire US. Established in 1941, our fourth-generation family business is enthusiastic and passionate about quality, selection and service. We have three greenhouse facilities located in Evanston, Lake Villa and Grayslake, IL along with a distribution center in Northbrook, IL. This position is located in our corporate offices at our Evanston location. We are a thriving business with years of continuous strong growth and an exciting vision for the future. We are building a stronger culture with great teams and great individuals to help create beautiful environments for the public and private sectors.
Crop Managers are responsible for the production of greenhouse crops in any of our locations. Product must be shipped on schedule, accurately, and meeting Clesen Wholesale quality standards. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Crop production planning
- Crop sowing and cultivation
- Establish workload assignments and effective oversight
- Coordinate and prioritize crop maintenance activities to optimize crop quality and reduce waste
- Develop talents and abilities of direct reports
- Ensure timely shipping and receiving
- Fully leverage company resources to plan work, forecast staffing, and record timely and accurate data
- Maintain facility
Physical Requirements: Able to bend, stretch, and reach with unrestricted motion. Able to remain on feet for majority of the day. Can lift 20 pounds or more.