Founded in 1952, Overdevest Nurseries is a third-generation, family-owned, wholesale grower of trees, shrubs, and perennials. We partner exclusively with similar minded, local garden centers throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region. We specialize in just-in-time deliveries of colorful, retail-ready plant material positioned for maximum consumer interest. This is an opportunity to make an immediate and rewarding impact at a leading business in the horticulture industry.
Our company is growing, and we are looking for a motivated and charismatic person to join our office team. The position is structured as a hybrid customer service and marketing role with opportunities only limited by your ambition and skills. You will be working closely with our two existing customer service team members to grow our current customer relationships and cultivate new ones through excellent service and marketing campaigns.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is naturally curious, ready to learn, embraces hard work, and has a team-oriented mentality. A hands-on approach to getting things done is a must. The ideal candidate is able to thrive in settings where steps to achieve a task are not necessarily predetermined. Strong communication, listening, and interpersonal skills are a must.
This is a full-time employment opportunity. We have a compressed selling season and candidates must be able and willing to work late (after 5 pm) during the spring season (mid-March to mid-July) including most Saturdays (55+ hour work week). During other seasons, our typical work schedule is 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Your initial responsibility will be assisting with customer orders and questions by answering calls and email. Other job responsibilities could include a mix of the following and will vary based on the season:
• handling customer questions and requests via phone and email
• processing and entering customer orders and additions
• coordinating the routing of delivery trucks
• preparing and distributing email newsletters – weekly during the season, occasionally at other times
• creating marketing collateral including catalogs and flyers
• creation and posting of social media content and updates to our website
• preparing delivery paperwork, customer invoices, and availability lists