The key responsibility of an Enhancement Manager is to schedule and direct personnel and resources towards providing quality, cost-effective enhancement services to clients. This is a hands on, working position in the field. The motivated individual must have plant material knowledge, irrigation experience and turf grass knowledge. The individual will support the Branch in estimating, design and client meetings as needed as well as sell enhancement services to clients. The individual will oversee a commercial landscape portfolio and multiple teams and responsible for training and developing these individuals by providing day-to-day operational scheduling and guidance.
- Business Development - soliciting new enhancement contracts.
- Building an outstanding production team - developing employees and working with employees to build and support a team environment.
- Managing production for our high-quality service including understanding basic horticultural concepts and working efficiently and safely at all times.
- Selling enhancement services to improve site conditions; coordinating with other branch employees and customers to ensure that enhancement work is completed successfully, on budget and on time.
- Ensuring a safe environment for employees, customers and the general public.
- Acting as a liaison between clients and our branch to ensure that receivables are current and collections are performed if needed.
- Ability to lift/carry heavy objects (i.e., 50 lb. bags, various equipment, large trees & plants).
- Ability to operate a truck and pull an equipment trailer loaded with various equipment, tools and plant material, etc.
- Work outside in the elements of nature (i.e., heat and humidity of the summer, cold and rain of the winter).
- Install hardwood mulch and bales of pine straw.
- Possess landscape design ability.
- Dig holes and install drainage, repair pipes and irrigation heads, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch, stoop or kneel; also, reach/carry with hands and arms; as well as talk and hear.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Design or 10+ years of experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize job duties and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience - able to identify and resolve customer concerns
- Strong work ethic
- Must be physically fit.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- ESOP participation
- 401K & Roth retirement opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
The Greenery, Inc. is an EOE/E-Verify/DS