Smith Gardens, the largest annual and perennial grower in the Pacific Northwest, has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Project Maintenance Manager to join our team at our Aurora, OR site.
The Facilities Project Maintenance Manager serves dual functions of managing the Site and TPM Supervisors in daily maintenance operations and overseeing facility construction projects. This is a working managerposition and responsibilities include resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conduct meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project to team. Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones. Keep department managers informed of repairs and scheduled maintenance to allow for minimal disruption of work operations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Corporate Capital Projects: In coordination with Facilities Director, oversee project time tables, schedule subcontractors, monitor progress and performance against the project plan
- Facility Expensed Projects: Project design, budgeting, ordering material and scheduling subcontractors
- Monitor project budget(s), review and negotiate change orders, manage expenses and approve invoices
- Ensure all maintenance staff are trained on greenhouse and facility equipment operations and adhere to preventative maintenance schedules as directed.
- As capital projects/installations are completed, ensure all applicable scheduled maintenance programs are documented and adhered to by maintenance staff
- Proactively implement and maintain best management practices within the Maintenance Department, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Lead Maintenance team in ensuring proper condition and operation of buildings, heating, electrical irrigation, ventilation, environmental controls, and other general equipment and systems.
- Hire, motivate, train and develop maintenance staff.
Qualifications and Skills
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehension of all areas of maintenance and construction including electrical, heating, boilers, ventilation systems, irrigation and pumps
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, advanced Excel skills, Visio and PM software
- Ability to communicate, train and direct Supervisors and Staff in all aspects of site facility systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with all departments and staff levels.
- Professional, proactive and solutions oriented.
- High level of integrity and leadership in all circumstances.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must provide own tools.
- 5+ years of construction management and repair maintenance experience; strong electrical, mechanical and industrial skills with PLC, VFD, and HVAC experience
- 5+ years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role
- AA or BS degree in mechanical, electrical, construction management, or industrial maintenance required
- Greenhouse systems maintenance experience preferred
- Maintain applicable state licensure and certification