QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
• Bachelors’ Degree (knowledge of early education and child development a plus)
• Garden cultivation and management experience required; community garden experience a plus
• Experience developing educational curricula for children and families
• Cooking experience with children/families a plus
• Experience with community outreach, event organizing, working with families and children in a community setting required
• 2 years working with children and families, or equivalent experience
• Bilingual – English/Spanish required
• Ability to work in a supportive team environment
• Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of families
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of community resources and experience with interagency collaboration preferred
• Ability to work independently, flexible, strong organizational skills, and commitment to teamwork
• Basic computer skills required – Word, Excel, Software applications
• Passionate about learning and possesses curiosity about issues affecting children and families
• All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and families who are served by our agency.
• Fingerprint background clearance (DOJ, FBI & Child Abuse Clearance Index), or approved exemption
• Successful completion of pre-employment physical, PPD risk assessment, proof of immunizations for pertussis, measles and influenza
• Class “C” driver’s license, proof of insurance, a safety record acceptable to CAA, and reliable transportation required
•Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full benefits package offered including employer contribution to: Health, Dental, Vision; 401k with employer match; Employee Assistance Program, Professional Development, sick leave, vacation, personal days for anniversary of employment and birthday.
Westside Children’s Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants and seeks to hire qualified staff who reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography, socio-economic status and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Westside Children’s Center has achieved accreditation through the Council on Accreditation (COA). This means our programs, services, administration, and management have been rigorously evaluated and meet best practice standards. Visit www.COAnet.org to learn more about COA Accreditation.