Join a successful, team-orientated, profitable company to advance your career. J Frank Schmidt & Son Co. is a family of long-tenured, loyal employees who are recognized as industry leaders in growing deciduous, shade and flowering trees and for being a world-leader in new tree cultivar development and introductions.
Our team is looking for a highly motivated, forward-thinking team leader to oversee our group of experienced growers and employees at our 80 acre container farm in Boring, Oregon.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Oversee all farm practices of growing container trees from potting through shipping.
· Work with container farm team to set priorities and manage workflow as efficiently as possible.
· Create and oversee labor, expense, and capital budgets as approved by CEO.
· Participate in company-wide production meetings to maximize return on company investment in container grown trees.
· Minimum of 5 years in nursery production and management.
· BS Degree in Horticulture or Business Management or equivalent experience.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Highly competitive wage DOE including comprehensive benefits package.