Maintenance Production Manager
Reports to: ¨ Operations Manager
The Maintenance Field Manager is responsible for the production side of the maintenance division. They work directly with production crews and Account Mangers to perform services in a profitable, safe, and efficient manner as the leader and coach of crews/production. This position is responsible for setting and upholding HPLG quality standards, creating top-performing teams, implementing training and production systems, and encouraging our culture and service standards.
Includes the management and coaching of maintenance crews, enhancement crews, and chemical application crews.
§ Customer and quality focus
§ Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
§ Team work
§ Excellent problem solving abilities
§ Responsibility and dependability
§ Ethics and integrity
- Company Management Practices
· Equipment Manager: Oversees proper maintenance of company resources of the maintenance division through setting up equipment maintenance schedules. Then, executes or delegates equipment care.
· Inventory: Monitor Inventory and order as needed
· Holiday Lighting/Snow: Manage all aspects of lighting/snow before, during, and after each event. (A snow bonus is provided for each event.)
· Division Profitability: Maintain job costs per guidelines and assist in meeting profitability goals.
· Address and/or find a solution to any jobs deviating from budgets of time, schedule, cost, or any other factor so that appropriate corrective measures can be taken.
· Represents HPLG at professional events as needed.
· Stay aware of best practices and develop and recommend improved work methods and standards.
· Provide feedback to appropriate parties regarding pricing, competition, and other market conditions. Exploits changing market opportunities and responds to competitor strategies
· Assist in the creation of a yearly division budget
- Develop and Maintain a Strong Team
- Employee Management: schedule, organize, and direct field labor personnel and resources.
- Run team meetings: Crew meetings, weekly “Board Meeting”, 4DX, others as needed.
- Human Resources: conduct performance reviews, layoffs, and terminations.
- Training: create and implement training systems for maintenance division crews.
· Performs quality checks to assure all work is done professionally, timely, and of HPLG standards.
· Mentor crew members to ensure effective implementation of HPLG standards.
· Support timely and accurate implementation of procedures and paperwork.
· Recognize and develop new leaders within the crew
- HPLG Customer Service Standards
· Assist Account Manager in developing strong relationships with customer base based upon clear and frequent communication, mutual trust, and ability to meet the customer needs. Develop win-win opportunities for the customer and the company.
· Mentor Crew Leaders in building long-term relationships.
· Customer Service: Ensure crews are proving excellent customer service and assist Account Manager in client retention.
Key Performance Metrics
· Development of a profitable division with excellent client and employee retention- Hit profit goals.
· Hitting Billable vs. Unbillable goals in scheduling
· Well trained, productive staff: Over/Under per contract. Quality score averages.
· Revenue Growth
· Actual sales to budgeted goals
· Employee satisfaction
· Organization of division: smooth work-flow, planned processes
· Energetic self-starter and demonstrates initiative
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to present an effective sales presentation-written and verbal
· Keen eye for detail relating to both property inspections and preparing estimates
· Ability to lead and inspire others
· Results and action oriented
· Profit driven-seeks ways to cut costs, improve efficiency, and increase margins
· Effective problem solving skills, ability to handle adversity
· Focus on learning and self-development