ROOTS FINE GARDENING
Reports to Fine Gardening Manager
The Roots Fine Gardening Gardener is responsible for the professional care and management of residential and commercial gardens. Understands seasonal changes in the garden and cultural requirements of the plants. The position offered is seasonal full-time, Monday –Friday along with competitive wages and benefits.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and a professional demeanor and attitude with the client
· Team work with an assistant and other horticulturists and managers to foster a positive work environment
· Plan ahead for the daily and weekly schedule
· Good follow through and completion of all tasks in a timely and detailed manner
· Creative design aesthetic for seasonal container plantings
· Perform all garden maintenance tasks including weeding, deadheading, appropriate planting, transplanting and pruning techniques; able to identify disease and monitor plant health. Critical eye for detail.
· Keeps timely and accurate records including work performed and inventory.
· Provide an excellent standard of service to our clients
· Always leave a clean, well maintained client-ready outdoor space
· A valid driver's licenses with a clean driving record a plus, with reliable transportation to work.
· Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, and lift at least 50 pounds.
· Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
· Excellent understanding of plant care and plant identification
· A minimum of four years’ experience in the green industry is preferred, not necessary.
Position available immediately
Health/Dental/Vision and Simple IRA Retirement plan options included.