Are you a plant-loving, analytical, idea-driven person who has been itching for the opportunity to make a difference? We want to hear from you! Spring Meadow Nursery is seeking passionate, plant-savvy horticulture professional to help us continue to change the way people think about flowering shrubs. This position will work with growers in North America to make them successful. Be a part of the team that introduced ‘Limelight’ hydrangea and Wine & Roses weigela to North America!
The Finish Grower Support Manager will ensure licensee and customer success with producing finished Proven Winners® ColorChoice® shrubs. Travel will consist of 40-50% of the time. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of work experience growing finished material.
1) Make licensee and customer visits within North America to assess and evaluate crops to determine steps of actions to grow a better shrub. Goals should be:
a. Quicker finish times
b. Reduce overwintering losses
c. Communicate best practices to reduce disease and pest
d. Assist with proper chemical rotations and application
e. Establish proper trimming/pinching protocols
f. Increase rooting success for licensees
g. Provide recommendations for proper EC/Ph levels
h. Improve ability to ship plants bud & bloom
i. Increase the use of PGR’s to improve finished product
j. Each visit will result in a written report to licensee and customer along with copies to Account Manager and General Manager
2) Establish written best practices for each Proven Winners® ColorChoice® variety and determine the best mode of action to communicate
3) Responsible as the first point of contact for all growing questions from licensee and customer. Provide over the phone problem solving and email communication
4) An active participant in licensee team, involved with weekly meetings, Gold Key meeting, Gold Key Grower meeting, tradeshows, etc.
5) Engage with industry publications to publish articles within the trade on growing better Proven Winners® ColorChoice® flowering shrubs
6) Provide oversight on 3rd party supply chain
7) Oversee and direct marketing plants and summer/winter tradeshow forcing
8) Responsible for training to internal sales and licensing team
9) Establish best practices for ensuring 1st-time customer success
10) Point person for all national and state regulations
11) Provide insight into new programs/concept to further grow the Proven Winners® ColorChoice® program
Education/Experience – 2 or 4 years of Horticulture or related degree and 3-5 years of work experience with growing finished material. This is a hands-on position that requires activities throughout the nursery greenhouses. Must be able to assist the crews in their daily work assignments as needed. Computer skills are required for growing-related tasks in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV nursery database as well as proficiency in Excel and Word. Bilingual English-Spanish would be nice but not required.
Must maintain a level of performance equivalent to company standards, that being a “Meets Expectations” in all areas of your performance evaluations (self and management reviews).
¯ The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.