“Gardening without Guesswork”
Armstrong Garden Centers, serving 125+ years, is a leader in the Garden Center Industry and is on the search for exceptional management candidates to join our Manager Training Program. Are you driven? Passionate? Willing to Serve? Our comprehensive program includes management and operational training including a horticultural educational program which provides you the seeds of knowledge to be successful with us.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Be an expert and brand ambassador for Armstrong Garden Centers
· Motivate associates to do their best
· Mentor, coach and lead a team of 10-20 members
· Assist manager with accounting paperwork, financials and operations
· Assist manager with ordering, receiving and maintenance of the store's inventory, visual merchandising, sales and service
· Participate/Run sales meetings
· Handle customer inquiries
· Customer service and sales -- lead by example. Able to connect with customers and provide expert knowledge of our products
· Work with associates in their areas of responsibility
· Monitor inventory control, including ordering and buying materials.
· Responsible for taking ownership of Garden Center including, maintenance, watering, visual merchandising, marketing displays, and maintaining stock levels of product.
· Manage operations: POS, scheduling, budgets, KPIs,
· Follow safe work practices and reporting any unsafe working conditions to management and HR.
· Formulate daily goals to accomplish
· Follow safe working practices
· All other duties as delegated by management
· Perform duties of Manager on duty when Manager is absent from store