Serving the community for over 110 years, Snow’s Garden Center has grown into one of the premier garden centers in Central Virginia. We carry all the horticultural products customers need to garden successfully and carry out landscape operations for their small businesses. We have the knowledge and experience to guide them through the challenges of soil and climate here in Jefferson`s Country.
Snow’s Core Values
People. We are committed to providing enriching experiences for our customers and high-level professional pathways for our employees and staff.
Expertise. We strive to function as a one-stop source for the best horticultural information in the Piedmont based upon industry standards and new research performed locally and internationally. We embody “Snow Knows” – we know how to help our customers and are always prepared to give an answer.
Gratitude. We desire to be an active member of the growth and development of Albemarle County, VA by sponsoring other small businesses, non-profits, schools, places of worship, and other communities, many of which have supported the Snow’s Family for generations.
As Garden Center Manager, you have an opportunity to participate in a generational legacy while also helping to create long-term results based upon the mission and vision of Snow’s.
All Snow’s associates deliver unparalleled customer service while maintaining a nursery that is safe, neat, and prepared with the garden products that our customers need. As Garden Center Manager you will:
- Lead a team of 15-20 retail associates throughout their daily duties and routines
- Provide consistent guidance, training, tools, and equipment to empower those engaging with customers
- Maintain our products, back stock, and store-front for daily show-ready appearance
- Monitor and consistently coach employees on safety techniques and best horticultural practices while enforcing the company handbook
- Create a customer-focused environment where our clients consistently enjoy an excellent experience
- Design and implement seasonal merchandising techniques including horticultural displays, collections, signage, and landscape beds
- Coordinate and work with our Landscape Installation and Maintenance Division in our shared facility
The Garden Center Manager works with senior staff to recognize and implement techniques and actions that meet or exceed sales and operational goals while also cascading this information thoughtfully to the team. It is critical that the Garden Center Manager keep higher level staff frequently notified of challenges, successes, praises, and criticisms so that Snow’s continues to transform into one of the best places to work and shop in the Charlottesville area.
This position may also be required to serve as the main point of contact for the store when senior staff members are not present. This is a Salaried Full Time job classification and is generally scheduled 45-50 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store. Normal schedule is 5 days per week, Monday-Saturday, 8:00am-5:00pm with some flexibility based upon needs of the operation.
· Salary $45,000-$60,000 range, commensurate with experience
Compensation and Benefits
· Participation in company 401K program
· 50% contribution to health insurance after probationary period
· Dental coverage
· Industry training, certification programs, and seminars
· Continuing education
· Employee discounts