When you join Kaiser Permanente, you’ll be part of an organization dedicated to total health. At every level and in every department, it’s what we stand for. By using your innovation and your creativity, you can play a role in the health of communities across town and around the country by serving 12.5 million of our members. No matter your background, your ideas can help drive a health care pioneer. You can play a role in the future of health.
$1,000 Sign-on bonus eligible position!
Under the supervision of the Outpatient Maintenance Manager and/or Lead person, provide landscaping and grounds maintenance for the hospital, medical and dental offices, support services buildings, and other facilities as designated by the Manager. Maintain and ensure that grounds are free from safety hazards, and neat in appearance at all times.
· Assess worksite needs. Prioritize work on a daily basis. Keep all work areas clean.
· Perform Landscaping services summarized below:
· Mix/apply fertilizers and weed/pest control agents in a safe and timely fashion as directed and/or approved.
· Evaluate and maintain tree health. Includes climbing tress to prune and treat, removing trees and chipping debris, shaping, fertilizing, spraying, and installing stakes and wires as needed.
· Mow and edge grass at the correct height, trim around all obstacles, aerate and thatch, check and treat with chemicals for insects, disease and moss. Survey areas to mow, noting terrain, hazards and direction of cut, and make fertilizer and drainage corrections as needed.
· Trim and maintain in neat condition all shrubs, hedges, and ground cover. Remove and dispose of all clippings and trimmings. Assess and maintain health, including identifying and treating insects and diseases.
· Clean and maintain in neat condition all planter beds and pots. Design and install new planting areas and correct landscape problems, including drainage.
· Order supplies/materials needed to perform work. Pick up and sign for supplies/materials as necessary.
· Operate multiple vehicles, including but not limited to, dump trucks, sweeper truck, trailer, and snowplow and gravel spreader in a safe and legal manner throughout the Northwest Region. Properly secure loads with chains and binders.
· Maintain cleanliness of external fixtures. Remove litter from grounds and parking areas, including emptying of trash receptacles.
· Evaluate and determine how best to address snow and ice removal at each facility and complete implementation.
· Provide advice to Outpatient Maintenance Manager and/or Leadsperson of necessary maintenance and/or repairs to sidewalks, drain covers, parking areas, light posts, signs, etc.
· Repair irrigation systems, drain fields, broken asphalt, fencing, and equipment used in performing work.
· Irrigate lawns and shrubs by operating, maintaining, and repairing automatic systems. Program timing devices as needed
· Operate motorized and hand-operated grounds maintenance equipment. Maintain equipment and tools in good repair and guard against loss.
· Maintain outside drains and keep clear of leaves and other debris
· Design and install new drainage systems as needed
· Demonstrate accountability for quality customer service at all times.
· Perform other duties as requested.
· Minimum of one-year commercial grounds experience or equivalent schooling
· Three years commercial landscape/irrigation maintenance experience or equivalent education/experience
· Required training: tree evaluation, applicable OSHA regulations, chemical use, and irrigation troubleshooting
· Valid OR/WA Drivers License
· Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of construction, repair, and maintenance applicable to landscaping and grounds maintenance
· Knowledge if materials, tools, and equipment used for landscape and grounds maintenance.
· Knowledge of safety rules, regulations, and established industry procedures and practices
· Knowledge of MSDS manuals and chemicals, and training
· Skilled in using tools, equipment, and vehicles utilized in grounds/landscape maintenance.
· Ability to plan and organize work, read equipment manuals, maps and landscape/irrigation site plans.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including orienting new hires
· General knowledge of grounds maintenance equipment
· Must be able to use non-restricted chemicals for lawns and plants
· Be able to push and lift 50-60 lbs. frequently
· Minimum of five years commercial landscaping/irrigation experience
· College-level course work in Horticulture
· Certified in pesticide application
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 962373.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers