Landscape Workshop General Managers (GM) are responsible for all aspects of their Branch’s performance and compliance with our values and value proposition. This includes setting a culture of safety and performance, providing excellent customer service, developing talent, and delivering financial results. While the Company provides significant support as you work to achieve your goals, including back office support, coaching, systems, recruiting, access to capital, needed equipment, real estate support, insurance support, and marketing support, amongst other things, at the end of the day the General Manager owns branch performance. It is critically important that our customers get the same Landscape Workshop experience of “Quality Service – Dedicated Professionals – Proactive Management” no matter what branch they are working with.
• Demonstrated ability and three years of experience managing others on the production level, Including recruiting and hiring, performance evaluation and training, and development. a. Proven ability to lead and develop people b. Desire to make your people better, both as human beings and employees
• Demonstrated skill and ability in the area of sales and customer service. Must have at least three years of experience dealing directly with service customers.
• Ability to do takeoffs and estimate maintenance jobs.
• Demonstrated skill and ability managing the production of service work. At least three years of experience running more than one project at a time.
• Ability and comfort with numbers; either proven ability to read and work with financial statements or demonstrated ability to learn.
• Two-or four-year horticultural or related degree and three years industry experience. Additional industry experience or industry certifications can substitute for non-related degree, two-year degree or no degree.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English.
• Through your daily actions, demonstrate our values and value propositions.
• Communicate to all of your Project Managers(PM), Estimators and Branch Administrator (BA) the values, policies and procedures by which the company operates. Ensure that your immediate direct reports understand these things and are communicating them to their direct reports and crews. Make sure that your branch’s culture is consistent with our Company’s overall Performance culture.
• Drive Safety at all times in your branch and enforce a safety culture.
• Deliver excellent financial results consistent with your budget a. Manage Labor to the work you have – ensure that your work is scheduled into a consistent routine at all times and that we only work when we can be productive b. Drive Other Revenue (OR) c. Understand your financials and Aspire to help you deliver needed results and make needed decisions
• Deliver an excellent customer product (and through that, customer retention of 90% or better) by delivering our customer value proposition of “Quality Service – Dedicated Professionals – Proactive Management” • Clearly communicate the branch’s annual and long-term goals to those supervised, motivate them in an acceptable fashion to “exceed our expectations” and monitor progress towards these objectives through timely formal reviews and regular informal evaluations.