We are HIRING!!
Established in 1986, Unique Landscaping Design & Construction is the premier high-end residential landscape design and hardscape construction firm serving Southlake, Colleyville and Grapevine. We are not just a landscape company; we take great pride in being a recognized leader in the fields of residential landscape design, specializing in horticulture, installation, and maintenance, including irrigation.
We are seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee general business operations and effectively conduct all day-to-day functions, including leadership and management of the landscape and maintenance crews, creation and delegation of team schedules, routes and tasks and proactive client follow-up. This position reports to the ownership team and is expected to effectively communicate with them as well as the rest of the team.
- Direct activities of skilled and unskilled workers who perform duties such as residential maintenance, mowing lawns and pruning trees and shrubs.
- Monitor multiple residential estates to ensure that instructions and design plans are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
- Execute operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
- Schedule work for crews depending on work priorities, crew and equipment availability, and weather conditions.
- Confer with the Design Supervisor, Administrative Manager, and Production Supervisor to coordinate work activities with those other departments
- Read, understand & follow maintenance work schedule.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
- Direct maintenance of vegetation through activities such as fertilizing, watering, mowing, and pruning.
- Train and coach both skilled and unskilled laborers regarding consistent maintenance techniques.
- Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Landscape & maintenance equipment service, repair and inventory.
- Schedule and follow-up on truck & trailer maintenance, equipment services, repairs, and inventory.
Experience and Qualifications:
· 10+ years of landscape maintenance, design, and construction experience with a minimum of 5 years managing landscape teams.
· Expert level knowledge of best practices regarding landscape irrigation, hardscape construction, and residential landscape maintenance.
· Ability to work outdoors and lift objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
· Valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
· Attention to detail, high energy and mentoring skills.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Associates or bachelor’s degree in horticulture
· Ability to identify plant material.
· $65,000.00 - $75,000.00
· Dental, Vision & Life insurance
· Partial health care reimbursement
· Vacation/Personal time off
Disclaimer: benefits applies to full time employees only.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and qualifications to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions regarding the position, office location, or general inquiries please submit your resume then feel free to contact us by calling (817) 488-4124.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and enforce a drug-free workplace. A drug screening will be completed before hire.
**To learn more about Unique Landscaping Design & Construction, Inc., please visit our website located at uniquelandscapingjobs.com. We offer a variety of positions from skilled field team workers to office staff and management, within our Colleyville-based company.
Life is a Garden, Dig it!