Alden Lane Nursery is a family owned, community centered, Retail Nursery. Started in 1955 by Ruth and Jack Williams, the nursery is now owned by their daughter. Jacquie Williams Courtright.
We are actively seeking an energetic General Manager for our nursery. A passion for the horticulture industry is a must. We need someone who can supply vision for the team, inspire and develop all members of the team.
This candidate must have proven experience reading and understanding P&L statements, budgeting, and forecasting. Retail sales experience is required.
Also helpful is experience with community based events and interactions.
Hiring and coaching experience is required as well.
Our nursery prides itself on being innovative and constantly seeking to provide the best experience for our customers, if you are looking for a place to bring your energy and leadership skills and put them to work, we hope to hear from you.
In exchange for your experience, we offer the following perks to working at Alden Lane:
1. Healthcare paid 90% by the company.
2. 401(k) with generous match.
3. Vision plan for small fee.
4. Fantastic employee discount (40% off to feed your inner plant nerd).
5. Uniform shirts are provided.
6. 40 hours vacation.
7. Addtional paid time off.
8. Profit Sharing Bonuses
9. Garden visits with our customer in the evenings.
10. Paid travel to visit other nurseries for inspiration.
11. So many pot lucks, you'll never be hungry.
12. Top the pot lucks off with ice cream days.
13. Birthday cupcakes on your special day to share (made by the owner herself!)
14. Bocce ball night with staff. We like to have fun.
15. Fall festival dinner.
16. Annual Christmas breakfast.
17. Movie night in the nursery with food and candy (are you getting the vibe we like to eat and have fun?)
18. Paid education opportunities at Cultivate and other industry opportunities.
19. Global tour opportunity with IGC
20. Last, but not least, come ride the Christmas and Rodeo floats!