Homestead Gardens prides itself on honesty, integrity, and services to its customers. With the commitment of our hardworking staff, we have been able to successfully serve the community since 1973.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Greengoods Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for the management of the Greengoods department to maximize sales and maintain product, ensure excellent customer service, all while supervising the daily operations of the department including working in a team environment in cooperation with other departments.
What You'll Do:
- PLANTS FIRST - Ensure the best quality plants are on display on the grounds and in store at all times. Report any concerns to the appropriate manager.
- Ensure excellent customer interaction and satisfaction, responding quickly to customer needs in a friendly and personal manner, while maintaining outstanding standards and solid product knowledge.
- Ensure maximum department sales, working closely with the General Manager to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Supervise and monitor overall product quality control, inventory and maintenance of the department, including all necessary paperwork and documentation.
- Manage and supervise daily operations of the Department and its staff, including Associate training/mentoring, preparation of work schedules, set daily and long term goals, assign tasks and follow-up, and performance evaluation.
- Participate as a Mentor in the Company's On-the-Job Training Program.
- Provide input on advertising, promotions and workshops.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Retail Store as scheduled.
- Attend weekly Retail Team meeting and biweekly Storewide meeting.
- Attend industry events, trade shows and educational opportunities.
What You Will Bring:
- Plant, Nursery, Greenhouse and Horticulture experience required.
- Ability to supervise and monitor overall product quality control and product maintenance.
- Excellent customer service and management skills.
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals; including debits, credits, accounts receivable, accounts payable and budgets strongly preferred..
- Ability to work in a team environment as a leader and a member of the team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings during busy periods.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Able to work in a retail garden center with indoor and outdoor areas. The performance of this position does include exposure to extremes of weather and temperature.
- A Bachelor's degree in an Horticulture discipline or minimum of three years equivalent work experience in a retail garden center or agriculture environment preferred.
Why You'll Love Us:
- We are an award winning company with a legacy of being The Best Of for 50 years!
- We're proud to be the number one family-owned retailer in Anne Arundel County, MD.
- Homestead Gardens has donated over $1 million to the community.
- Competitive pay, flexible hours, and professional development so you can advance in a fun and exciting career.
- You get to work in a garden center, meet fascinating, like-minded people, and live the green life!
- Employee Benefits Plans
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Store Discount
- Flexible Schedules