Homestead Gardens prides itself on honesty, integrity, and services to its customers. With the commitment of our hardworking staff, we have been able to successfully serve the community since 1973.
We are seeking a new Greengoods Supervisor to join our team. This position will be responsible for supervising the Greengoods department daily flow of operations, to ensure excellent and consistent customer service, and maximize sales and maintain product as directed by Department Manager all while working in a team environment in cooperation other departments.
What You Will Do:
- PLANTS FIRST - Ensure the best quality plants are on display on the grounds and in store at all times.
- Ensure excellent customer interaction and satisfaction, responding quickly to customer needs in a friendly and personal manner all while maintaining excellent standards and solid product knowledge.
- Manage and supervise daily operations and tasks of the department associates ensuring the goals of the day are met as instructed by the Department Manager.
- Observe, supervise, and monitor overall product quality control and maintenance of the department product, maximizing sales.
- Oversee the receiving of product and goods and direct the placement of the products under the direction of the Department Manager and Category Manager.
- Work with Department Manager and Category Manager to create outstanding displays to promote products and services.
- Responsible for opening and closing the department as scheduled.
- Participate as a mentor in the Homestead Gardens On-the-Job Training Card Program.
- Attend Storewide meetings, Department meetings and any workshop/training sessions
What You Will Bring:
- Extensive plant knowledge and experience working in a retail garden center or any other horticultural organization.
- Leadership, training and communication skills, with team orientation. Ability to lead by example.
- Must possess excellent customer focus, service and sales skills.
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn all aspects and care of department products.
- Ability to effectively supervise the daily operations of the department, under the direction of the Department Manager.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work in a team environment as a supervisor and a member of the team.
- Good organization, time management and computer/technology skills, including cash register operations (POS).
- Ability to travel to industry-related events.
Why You'll Love Us:
- We are an award winning company with a legacy of being The Best Of for 50 years!
- We're proud to be the number one family-owned retailer in Anne Arundel County, MD.
- Homestead Gardens has donated over $1 million to the community.
- Competitive pay, flexible hours, and professional development so you can advance in a fun and exciting career.
- You get to work in a garden center, meet fascinating, like-minded people, and live the green life!
Employee Benefits Plans
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Store Discount
- Flexible Schedules