The staff at HireHorticulture.com is assisting our friends in southern Minnesota - they are in search of a new Grower! This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the best; have variety throughout the year, and really feel like you're a part of the family.
This position will grow and maintain vegetables, annuals, and perennials.
You'll use your supervisory skills to manage the production area including seasonal help from local colleges.
Forecasting is also a big part of the job; as well as purchasing plugs, seeds, and other growing related products. A chance for a Grower to use their skills in the entire process!
This company has a full time retail store that you'll get to be a part of; work directly with the customers on what they'd like to see grown the following season. Having a relationship with customers allows the Grower to truly see the full circle of your hard work during planting season!
In order to be successful in this position, candidates should have the following:
1. Knowledge of transplanting, growing and watering.
2. Crop timing and scheduling
3. Purchasing products
4. IPM, Pesticide Applicators License (or the willingness to obtain one.)
5. Excellent organization skills, maintenance of great records and data.
6. Ability to mentor and coach others.
7. Enjoy the retail side of things during slower periods; willing to learn the entire business.
In exchange for your experience, this awesome company offers:
*Relocation assistance, even possible housing to move right into!
*Great salary, will discuss upfront and confidentially.
*Extremely affordable Healthcare
*401(k) with partial match
*Flexible hours during the slower seasons
Apply ASAP, we'd love to give you more inside scoop on the job. Reach out to us, we'll respond!