Summary: Supervision, training and scheduling of growing personnel; Development and deployment of crop culture and pest management programs; Improvement of greenhouse equipment and systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties as assigned.
· Supervise and develop growing staff
· Take an active role in the day to day tasks and operations as Grower Manager
· Execute mandated compliance concerning pesticide application and storage. Florida pesticide applicators license must be maintained or acquired within 6 months of employment.
· Work with growing staff to establish, and maintain appropriate crop environments, mist programs, fertilization, irrigation, pest and disease management
· Oversees a 7 day- 24 hour operation and is responsible for off duty and emergency coverage. Weekend and holiday hours may be required
· Prepare annual budget and forecast
· Monitor labor and material orders
· Oversee procurement of growing department operating supplies
· Oversee computerized environmental controls (Argus); Respond to Argus alerts
· Development, deployment and improvement of documented standard processes and procedures consistent with our lean thinking culture and our pursuit of operational improvements in safety, conformance to schedule, scrap reduction and cost reduction
· Work as a team with Production Planning, Operations, Facilities, Production manager and any other departments to maintain and improve quality and update crop schedules.
· Establish short and intermediate team operational plans and objectives, identify and estimate resource needs, facilitate work flow and distribute assignments
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Growing department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the growing department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognition and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.