Summary/Objective of the Trainee Program
Provide associates with the tools and “on the job” training they need to be considered for a full-time Station Manager role.
During the training program – the Trainee will be trained on and responsible for the following:
- Hire and supervise all sales representatives, sales assistants, and shuttle drivers.
- Hire and manage growers, greenhouse labor, and clerical and administrative employees.
- Supervise all facets of the plant growing process.
- Perform all aspects of facility maintenance such as preventative maintenance and landscaping.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies.
- Monitor and control facility expenses.
- Submit all reports and log all transfers by deadlines.
- Comply to all laws, rules, regulations, and requirements and monitor employees for compliance.
- Complete all aspects of product management such as completing growing schedules, recording product availability, and entering supply orders.
- Perform year ending inventory procedures.
- Ensure protection of all company confidential information.
Both indoor and outside work environments. Frequently exposed too extreme cold and hot temperatures, wet or humid conditions and outdoor weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, talk and hear. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. The employee is also regularly required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
Some travel is required.
Relocation is necessary – candidate must be willing to relocate anywhere in the country.
Duration of the Training Program – how long a candidate is in the program will be based on a variety of factors including: business needs, trainee performance, skills acquired, etc. However, ideally a candidate will be in the program for 24-36 months.
Career Path of a Trainee – Ideally a candidate who successfully completes the Training Program – will be promoted to a Station Manager role at a Bonnie Growing Station. However, it is not a guarantee that this will happen – pending the performance of the Trainee.