Objective: To produce excellent product for our wholesale or retail sales while managing/training a staff of growers and internal transport staff.
• Direct the application of nutrient applications, fertilizers, and pesticides.
• Plan for space allocation based on production reports and sowing schedules.
• Monitor growing conditions.
• Monitor crops for pests or disease.
• Develop growing procedures for new species in product line and new cultivation techniques.
• Maintain inventory of needed growing supplies such as fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides
• Maintain records of growing techniques and production.
• Plan for and request staff to ensure availability during high volume growing seasons and schedule overtime as needed.
• Schedule staff and assign work.
• Train employees in growing techniques and activities.
• Provide pesticide and safety training and maintains records as required by Federal or State regulations.
• Assist the General Manager as needed.
• A minimum of 5 years of greenhouse industry experience growing plug/young plants.
• 4 year degree in Horticulture and 5 years of related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. No cannabis.
• In depth knowledge of the safe handling and application of chemicals.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and experience managing staff.
• In depth understanding of the use of injectors, electrical conductivity, and pH meter, boom, and irrigation systems.