J. BERRY NURSERY
J. Berry Nursery was founded in 2006 and is growing by leaps and bounds. In addition to our wholesale nursery business we have a New Genetics Division. Both divisions are focused on bringing innovation to the market, providing a superior value to the consumer via best of class genetics, quality production and stand out packaging. Our New Genetics Division brings products to market that are produced by J Berry Nursery and licensed to other companies, both domestically and internationally. The company is uniquely positioned as a breeder and production nursery which provides numerous advantages when bringing newly developed product to market.
We ship our products to over 2000 retail outlets covering more than half of the US from our primary production facility in Grand Saline, Texas which is conveniently located 70 miles East of downtown Dallas. We have a second facility in Tyler, Texas and a network of contract growers in Florida, Alabama and Texas.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are an entrepreneurial company focused on leading and changing the market through innovation in product and presentation.
Our Core Values are: Driven to Serve, Leader, Bold, Innovative and Resilient. If this sounds like a fit with your values, we would love to talk to you about joining our team.
We offer diverse future career paths in production, licensing, supply chain development, contract production oversight, breeder networking, sales, and marketing.
We challenge the status quo and find excitement in bringing better plants and solutions to the market.
NOW WHY DO YOU REALLY WANT TO WORK WITH US?
There are several reasons why you should pick J Berry Nursery. Here are just a few to help in your decision.
1. J Berry Nursery is located in East Texas. The dollar goes so much farther out here than many other places in the States. Texas is ranked as the 12th best state economy based on GDP growth. Texas is one of the few states in the nation that does not have State Income Tax. That is more money back in your pocket.
2. Cost of purchasing a home is actually affordable. The cost of housing here in Grand Saline is 51% below the national average. For example (a 3 bedroom, 2 bath. 2100 sq. foot home on 7.9 acres will cost $349,000 or $1K monthly).
3. J. Berry Nursery is a family owned and operated business. Speaking from personal experience this is not your average company. They care about your family and want to integrate you into theirs. They go out of their way to strive for different ways seeking out performance innovation and process improvement. Working at J. Berry Nursery you feel like you matter and your voice is heard. It is not just a job; this is a career. They want you to be part of their family. There are several reasons why you should pick J Berry Nursery. Here are just a few to help in your decision.
4.) Comprehensive Benefits Package.
5.) Competitive pay offered. Starting salary based off of qualifications.
5.) Relocation Assistance provided if necessary
· Direct and supervise the cultural teams to meet production timelines and sale forecast targets.
· Adapt all activities to support the established companywide KPI’s while developing your own departmental KPI’s.
· Monitor growing areas and crops daily.
· Maintain daily records of labor efficiency and use this data to inform the company of current productivity levels and develop strategies to improve productivity in the future.
· Ensure that accepted IPM procedures are being maintained.
· Plan, schedule, coordinate, and supervise all pest and disease scouting, evaluation, and pesticide applications.
· Monitor and adjust nutritional programs.
· Maintain pruning procedures and schedules.
· Ensure timely spacing of plants.
· Schedule and implement all post and preemergent herbicide applications.
· Assist research and development department with production profiling and optimization.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
· Row-run quality.
· Continuous improvement and optimization of production processes and timelines, by variety.
· Lowest cost of production.
· Efficient use of labor, equipment, and production resources.
· A degree in Horticulture is necessary for consideration.
· Experience across multiple plant categories including woody ornamentals, perennials, roses, and tropical flowering.
· High level of organizational skills with specific ability to prioritize activities, manage workflow and optimize labor and equipment utilization.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office Applications
· Bilingual English/Spanish speaking is a plus.