• Oversees the day-to-day operation of the production area.
• Assist in the development and administration of an annual department budget
• Place orders for materials and supplies.
• Generate growing plans and schedules.
• Coordinate shipping of plant materials.
• Monitor operations of the physical plant; see that repairs are made as needed.
• Work with Category and Department Managers to determine needs for the upcoming season and to stay current with the needs and requests of the customers.
• Keep informed and up to date of new techniques and products and make recommendations for changes in growing practices, product mix, physical plant and personnel.
• Participate with industry associations and travel and attend shows to further your knowledge of industry trends.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
• Develop and ensure the adherence of department policies and procedures.
• Recruit, train, develop and communicate with all staff and seasonal help. Assess performance on a regular basis
• Standing, reaching and bending
• Stooping and lifting up to 50 pounds
• Working outdoors during inclement weather across all season
• Horticulture degree, working knowledge of propagation.
• Three years of supervisory experience, preferably in the green industry.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/xW2K1KFQX2Z5cEQ1sxAJ7