Mariani Landscape, a leader in the residential Landscape Design, Build, and Maintenance industry for over 60 years, is currently looking for a Herbaceous Buyer. Based in our Lake Bluff, Illinois facility, be part of one of the best sales and service teams in the industry. If you believe in building long-term relationships, and have a desire to provide the best service to valued clientele, we would like to hear from you.
This associate will be responsible for coordinating the purchasing of herbaceous plant material for the entire company. This associate works closely with the design and sales teams, as well as the greenhouse and purchasing teams, to successfully exceed departmental and company standards for quality and production goals.
• At least 2 years professional experience required, preferably in a purchasing and herbaceous material related position.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of landscape terminology and herbaceous plant materials.
• Demonstrate strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
• Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
• Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet the future needs of internal and external clients.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with Mariani associates and vendors on a consistent basis.
• Demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to deliver quality results under tight deadlines.
• Ability to successfully and accurately work within the company production software, Asset.
• Demonstrate accountability for work being performed and completed on schedule
This full-time position offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and a spectacular corporate culture that promotes growth, learning, teamwork, and employee satisfaction!