Atlantic Nurseries is seeking a horticultural buyer who is responsible for the procurement of annuals to accomplish goals regarding profitable seasonal inventory levels, turns, gross margins, quality and shrink. Process includes developing a purchasing plan which considers trends, inhouse growing, supply chain and market demand to successfully achieve Atlantic Nurseries’ sales objectives.
Become a vital part of a team who loves plants and loves to get the job done right!
You take pride in everything you do and so do we. Come grow with us in a cooperative environment where your ideas are valued and work as part of a dedicated team.
· Prepare and submit bid proposals/master orders to vendors to procure annuals for the upcoming season. Plan weekly delivery timetables accordingly through the season.
· Create weekly purchase orders in accordance with vendor commitments or restocking needs.
· Work with our sales team to fulfill custom orders/special requests for annuals for our customers.
· Clearly communicate with the receiving team about arrival and placement. Problem solve as necessary when issues arise.
· Provide direction for product merchandising.
· Collaborate with in-house growing department to plan optimum product mix, including new & unusual annuals.
· Responsible for making sure price points for annuals are consistent and in line with the company’s markup philosophy.
· Make sure all existing and newly created items have appropriate descriptions for signage.
· Visit vendors regularly to inspect existing and future crops to make sure quality is in line with the company’s standards.
· Organize/participate in general employee training sessions for annuals.