Legendary Hospitality with a softer footprint: The Oasis at Death Valley is nestled in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California – just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles. The resort offers two hotels – the historic upscale, four diamond, 66-room Inn and the family-orientated, 224-room Ranch. The resort also encompasses an 18-hole course (world’s lowest course at 214 feet below sea level), four restaurants & lounges, retail outlets, museum, spring-fed swimming pools, tennis courts, service station, as well as conference & banquet facilities for 10-120 guests. The resort recently completed a multi-million dollar revitalization that includes a full renovation of the Inn, including the addition of 22 casitas, as well as, new buildings at the Ranch. We have a wide range of opportunities throughout the resort, and know we can find the perfect match for you!
Position Summary: Design, install, care and maintenance of all The Oasis at Death Valley plant materials and landscape features.
As an employee of the Oasis at Death Valley, you receive extremely discounted housing, breakfast and lunch free, dinner is $4 in our Employee Dining Room, a generous benefits package for full time employees, and discounts at our other Xanterra parks and properties.
- Supervise landscape staff and assign daily tasks
- Interview, hire, train and evaluate team members.
- Develop a preventative maintenance program for all landscape areas.
- Design annual and perennial flowerbeds that enhance the overall experience and the overall presentation of the property.
- Purchase plant material within budgetary guidelines.
- Work and support other landscape team members
- Maintain Resort trees and shrubs.
- Monitor health and determine fertility and pesticide programs for landscape plantings.
- Schedule tree pruning and trimming.
- Take environmental awareness and measures that protect resources and wildlife.
- Maintain, install and schedule irrigation systems for landscape features.
- All other duties as assigned.