Leading a team of two grounds care technicians and regular volunteer groups, the Horticulturist / Lead Gardener is responsible for implementing the aesthetic vision of the park. Responsibilities include year-round monitoring, maintenance and record keeping of all Natural and Ornamental landscape features.
This position reports to the Land Care Manager.
• Develop and implement complete seasonal and weekly horticulture action plans with an emphasis on Meadow and Riparian Buffer management.
• Provide and implement solutions to underperforming landscape features.
• Provide solutions to landscape health and fertility problems with an emphasis on organic solutions.
• Perform daily and seasonal landscape work including planting pruning, pest and weed / invasive species management, spring and fall cleanup, snow / ice clearing.
• Operate a commercial grade irrigation system including creating watering programs and performing basic repairs.
• Lead crew members and regular volunteer groups in seasonal landscape maintenance tasks.
• Act as an ambassador for Mill River Collaborative, answering questions for park visitors about horticulture, park history and design.
• Document, report and catalog plant-related information.