• Ensure the highest possible professionalism and strive for complete customer satisfaction relative to all transactions and interactions
• Develop strong customer relationships and learn to anticipate customer needs
• Provide timely responses to all customer questions, inventory requests, and requests for pricing
• Demonstrate and communicate a strong understanding and knowledge of the nursery’s inventory, product performance, product mix, and product objectives
• Offer substitutions and/or recommended alternatives as solutions for unavailable inventory, as well as offer products and services that may benefit the customer
• Effectively manage all orders in a timely manner
• Accurate and timely invoicing of all sales activity
• Demonstrate effective collaboration with all departments including dispatch, purchasing, customer service, etc.
• Assist with specific company directives and tasks, including physical inventories, sales meetings, company marketing activities, and sales leads
• Provide timely feedback to other sales representatives, departments, and management
• Assist in representing Four Winds Growers at industry trade events, if needed
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge
• Prior experience at a retail nursery, wholesale nursery, grower, or other plant related business is highly desired.
• Knowledge of plants and nursery products and/or the retail garden center industry
• Ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously and collaborate with customers and colleagues
• Ability to accomplish specific sales goals
• Constant attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Exemplary personal character, professionalism, commitment, and work ethic
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Bilingual English/Spanish is desirable
• Work in both an office and warehouse environments, indoors and outdoors, and in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
• Able to work a flexible schedule particularly during peak season.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• 2+ years of experience working in a nursery, in the landscape industry, or a related field
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, point-of-sale, inventory management software, etc.
• Sales and customer service experience
Commensurate with industry standards. Benefits include:
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Health, Dental and Vision Plans
• Vacation Pay, Paid Holidays and Sick Pay
• Tuition Reimbursement for Approved Courses
• Opportunities for Advancement
Job Type: Full-time Company's website: www.fourwindsgrowers.com
Four Winds Growers provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.