Manage and execute the tasks of growing and maintaining high quality plug and liner products on time, at a reasonable cost and of the required quality specification as communicated by the customer, as directed by the Grower.
- Understand irrigation, spraying and fertilizing protocols and provide direction and supervise team members executing these tasks accordingly
- Monitor crops for growth, health, insects and diseases
- Follow, execute and maintain records of the crop activities, pesticide applications, and growth records on bench cards.
- Evaluate crop protection needs. Supervise and participate in pest management program
- Provide production protocol details to the Department of System Integrity
- Work closely with Operations Manager to maintain task quality and efficiency
- Successfully attain a pass grade on The 5 Levels of Moisture Management training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field – 1 +yrs. of Experience
- Familiarity with proper moisture management techniques.
- Familiarity with proper nutrient management and testing procedures.
- Ability to identify common crop insect and disease problems
- Ability to observe crop stress sign
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and effectively communicate
- Work independently and as a part of the team
- Accurately gather and record data
- Work outdoors (year-round), in greenhouse and field environments
- Learn and use a variety of computers software (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Possess familiarity with moisture and nutrient management procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests
- English / Spanish 30% Required
- Standing and sitting
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Walking and driving
Hours may vary and weekend flexibility is a must
- Indoor – 30% of time. This can change depending on the projects and time of the year
- Outdoor – 70%. This can change depending on the projects and time of the year.
- High Temperatures – Ability to work in temperatures of up and over 100 degrees