- Be able to operate an irrigation controller and all its components
- understand how flow, pressure, and gallons per minute affect an irrigation system
- Be able to maneuver through an irrigation system and identify problems within the system and troubleshoot for an optimal outcome.
- understand or have the willing to learn to use a wire tracking device to locate valves, line faults, or main lines.
- have knowledge of landscape lighting installations and troubleshooting for repairs
- Be able to legibly document system audits for repairs made.
- Be able to predict or foresee issues that may arise in the future with an outdated system and provide legible documentation to Irrigation manager for proposal purposes.
- Be able to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Complete an on-line training course at time of hire.