Donald Pell Gardens has been designing and building gardens in the Philadelphia region for over 25 year. We are driven to share our passion to reveal beauty… We look to nature to inspire remarkable and immersive gardens that evoke the drama of a region's landscape. Architecture in the Garden is planned void of superfluous gestures. Forms are subtly integrated, celebrating the garden and the topography to which it belongs. Plants are used in large masses metaphorically of the Meadow or Eastern Deciduous Forest. Appropriate plants are selected to create thriving communities that require minimal resources.
We are located in Phoenixville, PA and serve the mainline and surrounding areas. We are looking for strong, highly motivated, energetic, hardworking semi-skilled and skilled individuals to join our team. We are looking to expand our crews on both the garden management side as well as garden construction. We want someone who's not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get dirty... literally!
This is the PERFECT opportunity for experienced Horticulturalist, Seasoned Professional Gardeners, or recent graduates of Landscape/Horticultural studies looking to gain hands on experience and cultivate your talents. Please visit our website at www.donaldpell.comto take a thorough look at our work and workmanship.
We offer the following services to our clients: Garden Design/Landscape Design, Site Planning, Concept Drawings, Consultations, Landscape Construction, Garden Management and Assessment, Masonry.
General Job Description
- Applicants must be able to work outdoors, in all weather conditions, doing very physical work, completing landscape duties such as: garden assessments and maintenance; clean-ups, leaf and debris removal, brush removal, weed pulling, trimming, pruning, string trimming, edging, mulching, planting and transplanting flowers, shrubs and trees, raking, etc.
- You must be at least 18 years old, able to lift/carry at least 30 pounds often.
- Enthusiastic and dependability are a necessity.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently and follow directions the first time.
- Be able to safely work with equipment like power saws and cutters.
With us, you'll enjoy your work day working on exciting project and amazing gardens, a competitive hourly rate, retirement benefits, a strong team feeling and the opportunity to grow by learning new skills. Help us inspire people and nurture landscapes to grow and thrive.
Please DO NOT inquire about this job if you do not meet the requirements both above and below! Please make sure you include your resume with inquiry.
- A valid driver's license with clean driving record is necessary, with reliable transportation to work.
- Hardworking, motivated, energetic, and must have a positive attitude!
- Clean background check
- At least 1+ years of experience in the industry/field with plant knowledge preferred but not necessary for the right person.
- Be able to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work quickly but efficiently
- Quality focus, attention to detail and dependability are necessary.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, and lift at least 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
- Polite with good verbal communication skills.
- Ability and access to computer with email, word, & excel to complete time sheets and paperwork. *Be able to perform duties 8+ hours a day 4-5 days a week.
Duties (could include, but not limited to):
- New Garden creations and installations
- Garden Assessments and Notations
- Garden Management and Maintenance
- Mulching, weeding, pruning
- Edging /Planting
- Watering*Daily communications
- Log keeping and Paperwork
- Vehicle/machine maintenance
**Highly experienced/management level applicants may be eligible for a higher salary bracket then listed in this posting.