- Directly supervises 12-15 non-supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of four years experience as a professional horticulturist
- Minimum of two years experience in management or supervisory position
- Demonstrated knowledge of plants
- Bachelors degree in horticulture, botany, natural sciences or a related field preferred but not required
Candidate must possess computer knowledge, strong leadership and sales skills. Salary to be commensurate with experience, bonus opportunity, and company vehicle. All inquiries will be held in strictest confidence. Apply on-line at www.maffeilandscape.com