Curtis Edward Dennison, Landscape, Inc.
Job title: Landscape Maintenance Area Manager – South San Francisco, CA
The Landscape Area Manager will ensure the overall quality of maintenance services by conducting routine site visits, delivering detailed field reports, and taking a pro-active approach to gardening issues.
This position is a leadership role. A successful Manager will delegate clear direction to the crews while training and developing staff.
Qualified candidates will possess an educational background in horticulture with 5-10 years of residential account management excellence.
Landscape Maintenance Area Manager Duties:
Account Management – Field functions
- Oversee and optimize maintenance schedules & routing
- Uphold service quality by conducting routine site visits; deliver horticultural solutions based upon gardening expertise and experience
- Ensure quality control as relevant to aesthetic and horticultural concerns
- Communicate with clients; develop and nurture professional relationships
- Complete regular field reports and site assessments; communicate maintenance progress with Owner and Operations Management
- Manage irrigation system, maintain records of watering schedules
- Advise and plan fertilization schedules
- Identify replacement plants, coordinate material orders with the office as needed
- Recruit maintenance team members; build and foster an inclusive team culture while modeling a positive attitude
- Implement and develop team training in the areas of horticulture, irrigation, and proper pruning techniques
- Ensure crew safety through proper utilization of PPE as well as adhering to company safety procedures
- Contribute action items to weekly Maintenance Meeting Agendas
- File site assessments/field reports electronically according to company procedure
- Monitor and report herbicide/pesticide usage with state and county authorities; adhere to SDS instructions in regard to pesticides and herbicides
- Review billings and cost invoices in collaboration with the accounting department
- Track and monitor job costs vs. estimated budget
- Log and report bulk materials used such as soils, fertilizers, plants
Landscape Area Manager Qualifications:
- Education: Degree Certificate in Landscape Horticulture or related field (strongly preferred)
- Experience: 5-10 years fine gardening/account/field management experience (requirement)
- Expertise: Advanced understanding of horticultural practices including pruning, irrigation, and fertilization; ability to identify and troubleshoot plants, disease and pests, soils, and growing mediums
- Equipment: Knowledgeable in best practices and safety using mowers, trimmers, blowers
- Computers: Proficiency in Word, Excel, Gmail, iOS (requirement)
- Certifications: QAL/QAC (preferred)
- Valid California driver's license with a clean driving record (requirement)
- Languages: English-Spanish Bilingual (strongly preferred)
- Local candidates only (requirement)
- Positive attitude, Team leader
- Attention to detail in the landscape environment, strong aesthetic sensibilities
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in a group, problem-solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs unassisted
- Exposure to outdoor conditions
- Full time position
- Competitive salary - $80,000 - $120,000/yr (DOE)
- Competitive medical and dental insurance package
- PTO, Vacation, and sick time program
- 401 (k) after 1 year of service