Landscape Operations Manager
Help be the “face” of Flora Explora and drive operational excellence! Simply stated, we are seasonal color specialists, interior plant wizards and holiday design ninjas.
This is a new position for an “A player” in a successful woman owned business. We are looking for a key person with an entrepreneurial spirit to work directly with the owner to take over the operations and help take us to the next level, while the owner focuses on increasing sales. Like the owner, you will need to wear many hats in this role. We are a highly successful and profitable business with a small team based in Walpole, MA. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to make an impact and achieve ownership/equity in Flora Explora.
We offer top notch commercial interior and exterior urban landscape design, installation, and maintenance, plus holiday design services to our high profile clients in downtown Boston. We have a unique niche market that distinguishes us from traditional landscape companies because we are “outdoor color specialists”. We specialize in seasonal plantings in oversized planters, plus pop-up gardens, parks, courtyards and rooftops.
This position offers the best of both worlds since you will spend time in the office with a flexible start time, and the field starting your day at 6am in Walpole. Your leadership is crucial to the crew, and frequent site visits to our job sites are required. Take pride and ownership of coordinating training and development of our employees.
During non-peak periods, you will also participate in strategic planning and will help steer the ship to accommodate business growth in existing and new markets.
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for day-to-day logistics of business operations
- Manage all landscape services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment, and subcontractors required to produce quality work
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet scheduling requirements and provide training
- Evaluate and make recommendations on improvements to existing operations, and services
- Foster collaboration and cooperation for current and future organizational objectives.
- Build our team with a diverse group of people, and foster a team environment and culture
- Design a training program and accompanying documentation with support from the Administrative Manager
- Manage inventory, storage and maintenance of materials and live products
- Conduct site reviews to ensure that job site quality and appearance meet client and Flora Explora standards
- Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plans for employees
- Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service to properly prepare specific action plan for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up.
- Proactively order materials as needed and monitor costs and deliveries.
What we offer you?
· Fun, results oriented culture
· Ownership with a creative mindset combined with strong business experience and principles
· Prestigious, high-visibility client base with healthy landscape budgets
· Caring, and collaborative work environment
· A sense of pride with quality production and services with long term commercial client base
· Starting Salary $80K
· Salary negotiable and compensation commensurate with experience
· Business ownership/equity options
· Benefit package including health, dental, paid time off, 401K, profit sharing, and a sign on bonus
· Company vehicle during business hours, laptop, and phone (optional)
Interested candidates should send email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We are happy to set up informational meetings at our offices at 203 Main St., Walpole, RT 1A near Norwood, or meet at a location of your choice for coffee or lunch.
Or call or text us here at the office at 774-469-3183.
Learn more at: www.floraexplora.com