Fairfield Landscaping ( www.fairfieldlandscaping.com ) is a high-end residential and commercial landscape design, build and maintenance company that has served the Greater Pittsburgh Area since 2000. At Fairfield Landscaping, our goal is to provide a level of service that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
We’re currently hiring a Lawn Care Technician who will contribute to the growth and management of our fast growing lawn care program. The ideal candidate should have experience in turfgrass sciences or management, fertilization, landscaping, groundscaping, or horticulture, agriculture, and gardening. This individual will provide chemical application services to enhance growth, development, and vigor of both newly installed and existing lawns. The Lawn Care Technician will also be committed to increasing sales by re-enrolling existing customer contracts and pursuing new customer contracts.
- Provides both written and verbal lawn analysis quotes to potential customers along with recommendations to improve the quality of the customer’s lawn.
- Develops comprehensive and individualized customer specific care plans to maintain lawn vigor.
- Maintains accurate records and works closely with the Office Manager to ensure proper customer records are kept on all applications for billing and non-billing purposes.
- Mixes and applies both granulated and liquid materials safely and precisely.
- Monitors trucks and equipment for repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Pursues new customer contracts and re-enrollment of existing customers.
- BS degree in Turfgrass Management, Horticulture, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the landscaping industry with a background in lawn care or plant healthcare. This position involves fertilizing, applying pesticides, aerations, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of governmental regulations, Material Safety Data Sheets, and manufacturer’s instructions for chemicals, including knowledge of application equipment and calibration of application equipment.
- A valid state-issued driver’s license is required; a commercial driver’s license is preferred. Must be able to obtain a D.O.T. Medical Card.Must be able to independently lift and carry up to 50+ pounds. This position requires working independently outside in a variety of climactic conditions for long hours as weather and seasonal requirements dictate.
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Production Incentive Bonus, Company Health Benefits, LTD, 401K, Earned Vacation/Sick Time.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability