Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Assist customers with plant recommendations & selection (hands-on assistance at our nursery). Provide advice regarding plant substitutions and plant care & maintenance. Process orders efficiently via phone or email. Assemble orders for pickup. Finalize sales transactions through POS system. Follow up orders by phone or email to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Consistently deliver outstanding customer service to ensure the success of customers’ projects.
• Assist the Customer Service/Sales Manager with opening & closing process, cash register, order management, signage & displays, inventory control, receiving products, restocking.
• Assist with employee training, plant care & maintenance, and general maintenance of nursery facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of plants (annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees & native plants of the Northeast) and horticultural practices and products
• Solid understanding of wholesale nursery/retail garden center/landscape operations or similar business
• Excellent customer service skills. Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions (verbal & written)
• Effective organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently or to direct a team of co-workers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• POS systems experience helpful
• Able to perform physical activities associated with nursery sales & production in diverse weather conditions. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in wholesale nursery/retail garden center/ landscape operations OR in a related field
• Associates degree or higher education in Horticulture or in a related green industry field
Work & Compensation:
• Year-round position. Hours fluctuate based on the season.
• Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.