LEAD TIME TO HIRE IS AVERAGING 42-60 DAYS.
Why is the lead time to hire so long while unemployment rates are so high?
Our research shows that the average lead time to hire quality, experienced talent in our industry is anywhere from 42-60 days. Why is this?
- Some candidates are simply choosing to stay home until a vaccine is delivered safely.
- Lower paying jobs in our industry are going unfilled because unemployment with additional COVID assistance simply pays more than we are.
- Complex application processes that are not mobile friendly; 65% of candidates that start a complex application via their mobile device give up and never return.
- Response time: Employers need to respond quickly with an offer; if your competition hires, you get to start the process all over again.
- Employers are not making their COVID policies known to candidates, potential employees want reassurance that you care about their safety and the safety of their loved ones.
- Employees are tired of being furloughed; making them overly cautious. If you are an essential service/business in your state, be sure to make that clear and upfront on your website and job postings. Offer up security.
Over 83% of candidates in our industry find their jobs online. Do not wait until February to start hiring for Spring! Candidates are accepting jobs with start dates after the first of the year or even later.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO OUR HORTICULTURE AND LANDSCAPING COMMUNITY.
WE APPRECIATE YOU AND ARE GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU AS PART OF OUR FAMILY.
**All jobs posted until 12/31/20 are automatically extended to 60 days at no additional cost.**