Clesen Wholesale is a premier grower and distributor of seasonal annual flowers and plants selling to independent garden centers, professional landscapers and mass markets in the Upper Midwest. We are the largest single source of winter décor for outdoor holiday containers, decorating and landscape beds serving the entire US. Established in 1941, our fourth-generation family business is enthusiastic and passionate about quality, selection and service. We have three greenhouses facilities located in Evanston, Lake Villa and Grayslake, IL along with a distribution center in Northbrook, IL. This position is in our corporate offices at our Evanston location. We are a thriving business with years of continuous strong growth and an exciting vision for the future. We are building a stronger culture with great teams and great individuals to help create beautiful environments for the public and private sectors.
Responsible for purchase order generation, inventory management, product support, and product planning. This position is also responsible for increasing gross margin dollars, product waste management, and maintaining order fulfillment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Purchase Order Management. Generate initial orders from plan, make updates as required, and communicate changes effectively. Monitor purchase orders from placement through receipt.
- Increase Gross Margin Dollars. Optimize product schedules to meet demand and adjusting margin through price adjustments.
- Manage Vendors. Maintain and improving existing relationships in addition to building new relationships. Seasonally evaluate and improve contracts by maximizing product fit and negotiating cost.
- Manage Product Lines. Communicate product schedules to vendors and modify as needed. Stay current with industry trends and evaluate new items within product line assignment.
- Availability Management. Adjust purchase orders to meet sales order demand. Maintain appropriate inventory levels to fulfill orders and drive sales with additional availability. Ensure vendors are delivering on schedule.
- Product Waste. Meet and/or exceed waste goals by maintaining planned schedules, product quality throughout contract cycle, and weekly availability throughout season.
- Product Support. Communicate product availability issues and solutions, data reports, and product status details to internal teams.