“If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.” – Abraham Maslow
A peek into the life of a Landscape Maintenance Account Manager at SLS…
This position generally requires someone to be fluent in landscaping: services, equipment, language, etc., however, we are switching it up a bit and are looking for someone with a business management/leadership background and if you happen to have some experience in landscaping, that is a bonus!
This position would require you to have a cheerful disposition and the ability to connect with people of all backgrounds. To begin your day, you will meet with and encourage your crew members, guiding them and making certain they have everything they need as you send them out into the field with a positive outlook ready to take on the hard work they face each day. You will then climb the stairs to greet your office mates with a friendly smile and a moment of small talk before you get down to business logging into our landscaping software to schedule upcoming work and checking that all your crew members have logged in and out correctly the day before and making any necessary corrections. Next, you will have your weekly meeting with the owner and other team members regarding production and budgets, all of which you will be responsible for. You will then be connecting with clients and following up on their concerns, issues or requests which may involve delegating tasks to the landscape supervisor and/or landscape crew leaders, to ensure that all the clients’ needs are met.
If you read all of that, you must have some interest! So, keep reading…
Your most important daily duty will be your interaction with your crew members. You will be their leader, mentor and cheerleader. You must lead by example and set the tone for their day, their week, and their season. A “we got this!” attitude trickles down to your team as you are their source of motivation, inspiration and success.
Second to the relationship with your crew members is your relationship with the clients we serve. The positive energy you transmit to both your crew and clients should include the following attributes: being pro-active, following through and building lasting relationships that are mutually beneficial.
You will manage and oversee the production of assigned commercial and high-end residential clients for maintenance work such as mowing, cleaning, pruning, mulching, garden care and irrigation systems. You will be required to be out in the field regularly, checking that services are being completed correctly and efficiently and assisting other departments as needed. In other words, providing direction and support wherever you go throughout your day.
Do you align with our core values?
· Integrity – having strong moral and ethical principles
· Honesty – speaking the truth and acting truthfully
· Teamwork – combining individual skills in pursuit of a goal
· Dedication – being committed to a task or purpose
· Respect – for self and others
· An active sense of humor – lightheartedness helps to surf the waves of life
Do you have the skills and attributes we’re looking for?
· Excellent listening and communication skills – listening to your clients and team members is crucial to the success of this position
· Strong networking skills for building and maintaining productive, working relationships with clients and team members
· Pro-active, self-starter and independent and at the same time you enjoy team camaraderie
· Prideful of your contribution to the company’s growth
· Prioritizing and efficiency are innate to you
· A patient, responsive attitude
Requirements (the serious stuff):
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related field, Associates and/or experience in management could be substituted..
- 5 years or more in a management position
- Expertise in team leadership
- Meet or exceed budgeted Gross Margin and Gross Profit while maintaining budgeted goals
· Preferred (the not so serious stuff):
- Certification in one or more of the following: Horticulture, LEED, OSHA, etc.
- Have some knowledge of the landscaping industry or related field
- Bilingual English and Spanish skills
- Knowledge with CRM software and Microsoft Suite
- Sales experience
Now that we have all of that out of the way, we thought you might want some information on the company.
SLS Landscape Design & Development was founded by the current owner Joe Szczechowicz in 1975. He started out like a lot of landscaping companies with a little bit of knowledge, a little bit of education and a whole lot of passion. As Szczechowicz Landscape grew, Joe eventually moved the company to Rowley, MA where it now houses over 30 employees, has a new name and has developed into a multimillion-dollar, successful company. SLS has a family focused environment, doing our best to offer a safe, pleasant workplace where employees have opportunities for growth, the ability to provide for their family and attain the lifestyle they want.
We implore you to check out our website to learn more about the company, the services we offer and look at some fun photos! www.sls-landscapes.com
This position has a salary range of $75k - $95k, a full benefits package AND A HIRING BONUS!
Phew! You made it! If this sounds like a job you would thrive in, contact us immediately!