Orlando - Tampa - Pinellas
The examples of functions listed in this job description are representative, but not necessarily exhaustive, of any one position in this job classification. Management may assign other functions not listed herein at its sole discretion.
· Reports Directly to Branch Manager.
· IMPORTANT to work with Client Relations Manager (CRM) as team. Create team environment.
· Ensures field work crews achieve operational, gross margin, and job quality goals.
· Gannt Charts, Path of Motion Maps, Mow Maps and Detail Maps are company SOP’s and will be utilized on all maintenance jobs. Creation, updates, training and administration of these procedures is prime role and responsibility of this position.
· Oversees an optimal yard dispatch routine; monitors yard arrival tasks (e.g., vehicles parking, unloading debris, storing tools).
· Ensures all job responsibilities are performed in accordance with company protocol.
· Works with Foremen to perform all specifications according to contract, quality standards, and budget terms; communicates well with others (e.g., supervisors, foremen leaders, CRM).
· Manages all enhancement jobs; manages plant materials at the job site (e.g. preparation, planting, clean-up).
· Ensures all job quality performance expectations are met in accordance with company standards.
· Handles chemicals (e.g. fertilizers, containers, SDS) properly; Understands proper pest and weed control methods.
· Monitors and programs irrigation controllers.
· Ensures all extra work is reported to CRM daily.
· Makes minor repairs to equipment.
· Works with CRM and Branch Manager and Foremen regarding crew compositions, scheduling, material and equipment allocation; consistently exceeds customer expectations.
· Completes punch or hotlist items.
· Communicates daily expectations from the CRM to the Foremen.
· Helps Foremen comply with all company procedures.
· Treats others with respect, collaboration, and support in such a way that work relationships are improved and morale is increased.
· Ensures training programs are available to employees and that certifications are obtained and kept current.
· Provides coaching to employees and trains employees to complete jobs more efficiently.
· Understands the relationship between job quality and customer service, satisfaction, and retention; attends meetings.
· Orders materials as needed or communicates with managers and vendors to obtain materials and equipment for timely project completion.
· Ensures compliance with all aspects of the company’s safety program.
· Understands the contribution safety makes to employee well-being, team efficiency, and gross profit.
· Conducts and/or supervises weekly tailgate meetings with crews.
· Provides excellent service (e.g., accurate, complete, and timely) to clients, work-site partners and company staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
· Hotlist, Punch list and Snag list are tools to be used to communicate through CRM and BM/PM, PM will be responsible for timely completion of such lists.
· Orchestrate different divisions on your jobsites. Horticulture, Irrigation or Enhancement divisions. As well as Hiring/Training and on-boarding personnel or departments through the use of Blue or Green sheets.
· Expected to work same hours as all crews reporting to him/her, however at sole discretion of Branch Manager. (6:00 am Start Time)
· Upward mobility within ASI from this position could be but not limited to Department Manager, CRM or Branch Manager.
· Expected to oversee and manage $1.2 - $1.5 million in crew revenue.
· Need to have working knowledge of Outlook, LMN Time, Tenna, Bamboo and Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
Knowledge Areas: Safe work practices involving equipment, chemicals, and tools; proper watering techniques and plant care; basic mathematics; common names of all plants on assigned jobs; soil preparation and conditioning; administrative procedures (e.g., LMN Time, plant deliveries, equipment inventory, Spray Use reports, punch lists); read blueprints; irrigation fundamentals (e.g., valves, pipe, solenoid); SWPPP; basic coaching (e.g., direction, follow-up, training); job sequencing (e.g., yard departure, job efficiency, yard arrival); common names of various plants beyond those found on assigned jobs; job quality standards; routine maintenance procedures (e.g., cleaning, weeding, planting, irrigation, and watering); PPE; and customer service objectives, norms, and strategies.
Skills: Use hand tools (e.g., shovel, rake), equipment (e.g., weed eaters, lawn mowers), and chemicals (e.g., herbicides, fungicides) properly and safely; communicate and work effectively with others; time management; use all PPE as required; prune trees; plant various types of vegetation (e.g., trees, shrubs, and ground cover) properly; work independently; read blueprints; remain organized; basic principles of irrigation systems; perform routine maintenance procedures (e.g., cleaning, weeding, planting, irrigation, and watering); follow directions; complete administrative forms (e.g., time cards, equipment inventory, Spray Use Reports); and provide excellent customer service by ensuring clients’ needs are fulfilled in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion by demonstrating courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism.
· Results Oriented: Maintains focus on outcomes; is proactive and goal oriented; concentrates on meeting objectives, delivering to the required time, cost and quality; holds performance as more important than process; sets specific, measurable and company-relevant goals and takes efficient action to accomplish success.
· Safety: Operates and maintains tools and equipment to ensure safety; attends safety meetings; wears proper PPE; wears seat belt when traveling in a company vehicle; demonstrates proper lifting procedures; performs all safety inspections; ensures compliance with all safety policies/reporting procedures.
· Field Operations Management: Manages all materials at the job site (e.g., employees, equipment, tools, deliveries); handles chemicals (e.g., fertilizer, containers, SDS) properly; monitors irrigation controllers; understands proper pest and weed control methods.
· Horticulture: Pulls weeds, rakes leaves, sweeps sidewalks, and cleans debris; prunes shrubs and low trees; grooms color beds; clears ditches, digs holes, and uses hand tools effectively; cleans canals, drains, and tree wells; plants vegetation correctly; uses burlaps effectively.
· Job Quality: Understands the relationship between job quality and customer service, satisfaction, and retention; ensures landscape and horticulture quality standards are met for every job.
· Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with respect, collaboration, and support in such a way that work relationships are improved and morale is increased; has effective communication skills.
· Administrative Efficiency: Demonstrates highly-efficient time management skills; adept at multi-tasking to accomplish goals; maintains files, documents, and paperwork in a well-organized, current, and easily retrievable manner; applies support systems to ensure efficiency.
An example of the preferred education, training, and/or experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and competencies for this position includes: at least two (2) years of professional landscape and grounds management experience similar to that described above.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions required by this job classification. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with qualified disabilities to perform the functions of this job classification, on a case-by-case basis.
Frequently stand, walk, or crouch on narrow and/or slippery surfaces; stoop, kneel, bend to pick up or move objects; walk for long distances and on sloped ground and uneven surfaces; move, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
SPECIAL NOTES, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Pre-employment: Incumbents must sign the Confidentiality, Non-disclosure, and Non-solicitation Agreement prior to their first day on the job.
License: A valid driver’s license is required of this position.
Certifications: GI-BMP, FNGLA CLMP
Language: Though not required, bilingual English and Spanish skills are desirable.
Working Conditions: Work is predominately outdoors, exposed to varying temperatures, weather conditions, and noise levels; exposure to dust, pesticides, herbicides, grease, oils, dust, fumes, and electrical currents.
Background Investigation: Incumbents must have a reputation for honesty and trustworthiness. Misdemeanor and/or felony convictions may be disqualifying depending on type, number, severity, and recency. Prior to appointment, candidates may be subject to a background investigation and/or drug test.
Introductory Period: Incumbents appointed to this job classification serve an introductory period of three months.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· The Key Performance Indicators for this position will be specified at the time of appointment.
· Gross Margin Goals
· Customer Retention Goals
· Employee Retention Goals
Paid Time Off available after 90 days
- Paid Vacation (1 week) after 1 year of employment
- Benefits available after 90 days (Health, Vision, Dental, AFLAC)
- Life Insurance paid for by ASI Landscape Management for every team member