Nursery Production Manager
Tuckahoe Nurseries, Inc. a whole sale tree producer, is looking for a motivated Nursery Production Manager who is in charge of the supervision and direction of all horticultural functions related to tree production. This individual should have strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team of up to 50 people. Good communication and problem-solving skills are a must. Spanish is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
• This position reports directly to the President, and is responsible for all of the plants and planting materials related to tree production.
• Planting, maintaining, and harvesting of all nursery stock, including but not limited to: planting bare root stock, root pruning, irrigation maintenance, corrective and tip-pruning, fertilizing, insect and disease control, and the harvesting of sellable nursery stock.
• Use knowledge of plants and diseases to assist in corrective treatment and application of nursery stock.
• Coordinate with the President regarding future plant needs and different plant options.
The Right Candidate Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Horticultural or similar field (preferred, but not required) or 4+ years’ experience in Nursery production or a Horticultural management position.
• Knowledge of plants, funguses, insects, and diseases related to New Jersey
• Good communication skills
• Valid driver’s license
This is a full-time position that requires 40+ hours per week. Weekends will be required during busy spring and fall seasons. We are looking for an enthusiastic attitude and a team player to join in our success. We offer benefits including medical insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, Holidays, and Bonuses!
To apply, please send resumes to Lindsay J. Clarkson at email@example.com or call 609-780-5157 to discuss.